Want to know a little bit more about the faces behind Freebird? Check out the newest Q+A with the Freebird girls.
Marissa| Freebird Second Shooter
1. What's your favorite piece/accessory of clothing? I have always been a big fan of scarves! I also like earrings & statement necklaces.
2. What's your favorite color? This might sound strange- but grey. It is a cool neutral that can be paired with so many vibrant colors.
3. Do you have any odd obsessions? If so, explain. Owls. They’re wise! And somethin’ about those big eyes…
4. Why do you love New England? New Englanders are hearty people! I like the change of seasons, the chowdah, the sports teams, etc. I also like that the states that make up New England are close in proximity, which makes for easy travel.
5. What's your favorite part about shooting weddings? Shooting a wedding is a rush! I really enjoy going after the candid moments. Capturing a moment full of genuine expression and emotion is very rewarding.
6. If you had to sum up your personality in five words, what would they be? I had to ask a friend to help me with this one: Outgoing, witty/sarcastic, weird (in a good way), thoughtful, conscientious.
7. What does the "Freebird" brand mean/represent to you?
A “Freebird” has endless opportunity! The “Freebird” brand, to me, means pursuing passions without limitations.
8. What's your biggest fear? Heights, snakes, and hackers.
9. Judgement-free zone here! What's your biggest guilty pleasure? Reality television paired with ongoing games of Words With Friends.
10. Are you a city girl or country girl? Explain. I would say that I can be both a city girl and a country girl. I grew up in both environments and feel that I can adapt pretty well. More of my time is spent living as a country girl, and I see myself settling down in a more suburban area. I do, however, very much like city-life when I’m visiting for a shorter period of time.
Kate | Owner/Lead Photographer
1. What's your favorite piece/clothing accessory?
If it was acceptable, I would happily wear sandals year-round. I'm also a sucker for anything-pearl, dangling bracelets, and rings. I feel naked when I forget to put on my rings.
2. What's your favorite color?
Growing up, green was my favorite. As I get older, I'm loving yellow more and more.
3. Do you have any odd obsessions? If so, explain.
I don't know how odd it is, but I love me some coffee. Whenever I'm out and about doing errands, editing photos, etc. I always need to have a coffee in my hand.
4. What are some of your favorite hobbies?
Hanging out/hosting friends and family, hiking, self-improvement, photography, dining out, any activity that brings me into the heart of a city. I love the fast-paced beat that the city offers.
5. What inspires you?
I could go on and on. I feel like I'm constantly being inspired by creative people, the drive to be better, good music, the love my parents have for one another after almost 30-years of marriage, positive feedback, and other entrepreneurs.
6. What's your favorite season?
Spring. It's the perfect balance between hot and cold. The days are warm and sunny and the nights are cool and crisp.
7. If you had to sum up your personality in five words, what would they be?
Driven, social, thoughtful, organized, creative.
8. Are you a city girl or country girl? Explain.
I think at the root of me, I'm a city girl through and through! There's a certain energy about the city that just works for me. I do of course have a huge appreciation for suburban and rural lifestyles.
9. Behind closed doors with nobody around, you...
Well of course, blasting the music while dancing and singing with my dog.
10. What does the "Freebird" brand mean/represent to you?
Living a fun, passionate, free-spirited lifestyle. Believing in the good in humanity. Finding happiness and opportunity wherever it may exist.